One United Voice
The National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (NAPNAP) is undergoing a National & Chapter Reunification Process. With this new structure, each NAPNAP member will:
- Be a national member and member of a local or virtual chapter at large
- Receive national and chapter benefits and services
- Pay one dues rate for national and chapter membership
- Still have a choice of reduced fee categories of membership (i.e. student, retiree, and new grad)
By July 1, 2009, all national members will need to choose a local chapter to belong to.
Current National dues: $165
Local Chapter Dues: membership in 1 local chapter included in national dues
For those who are current national and local chapter members: You will now save $10 in total membership and will receive the same benefits. If you are renewing between Jan and June of 2009, you will pay the original $130 and renew to the new amount in 2010 at your renewal date. If you renew after July 2009, you will pay new reunification dues of $165.
For those who are national, but not chapter members: In renewing your national membership, you will be prompted to select a local chapter to join. We encourage you to select the SF Bay Area Chapter. You will then receive local chapter benefits, which include discounted rates to our CEU events.
For those who are only chapter members: You will no longer only be able to join the local chapter alone. We encourage you to consider national membership and choose our SF chapter. Please see benefits below.
Students: You will be able to join the new membership at $85/year. (Old national membership dues were $65/year and $30/year for our chapter, so that’s $15 in savings!)
- Newly designed website: www.napnap.org which is a comprehensive online resource for members and includes a national directory. Access to members only section.
- Free subscription to the peer-reviewed Journal of Pediatric Health Care
- Reduced registration for the NAPNAP National Annual Conference
- Eligible for NAPNAP scholarships and grants
- Online Community for Pediatric Health Care and Nursing Continuing Education at www.napnapce.org
- Free emailing of the The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, online newsletter
- Ability to join NAPNAP Special Interest Groups
- Connection with NAPNAP’s Healthy Policy Staff to receive expert legislative and regulatory representation on a national level
- Attendance to various CEU events throughout the year
- Ability to participate in local community service events, receive quarterly newsletter
Please contact Beth Chopra, Membership Chair, with any questions.